This handsome villa is just outside the village of Montarnaud which has a very good boulangerie and a family restaurant, just 15 minutes drive from the thriving university town of Montpellier. The house has been attractively decorated in Provencal style and is very comfortably furnished.
2 Weeks bookings only
This property has 3 bedrooms and sleeps 6 people
|Bedroom 1||1 Double||2|
|Bedroom 2||1 Double||2|
|Bedroom 3||1 Double||2|
This property has 3 bathrooms
|Kitchen||Fully Equipped KitchenMicrowaveClothes DryerOvenWashing MachineIron & BoardRefrigeratorCooking UtensilsFreezerToasterBlender|
|Entertainment||TelevisionDVDSatellite Or CableCd|
|Rate Category||Period||Rates||Minimum Stay|
€250 per Night
*** Default rates are subject to change. Please confirm the rates prior to booking.
Property Availability (Next 12 Months)
Please contact the owner directly to confirm availability for your travel dates.
Location Type: Mountain
The house is about 400m from the village of Montarnaud (about 700m from the village centre). Very good traditional baker, village shop, family restaurant.
- 14km W of Montpellier centre. Thriving university town. Lively atmosphere in the old centre and Place de la Comedie, which is lined with outdoor cafes. Many good restaurants.
- 15km E of Gignac, a pleasant small market town (shops, post office, excellent restaurant).
- 17 km E of Aniane, and probably the most famous vineyard in the Languedoc, "Daumas Gassac". The wine produced here will never be "Appellation Controlee" because it is made from the Bordeaux varieties of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, but the wine regularly wins blind-tastings when pitted against the Grand Cru chateaux of Bordeaux!
- 22km S of Grotte de Clamouse: Spectacular limestone caverns. (Canoe kayak hire on river Herault closeby).
- 24km S of St Guilhem-le-Desert. Beautiful medieval village and Abbey in rocky gorge. This was a major staging post on the pilgrammage route to Santiago de la Compostella.
- 30km N of Mediterranean beaches: Palavas-les-Flots is about 25 mins drive, or beach by Vic-la-Gardiole is 34km.
- 35km E of Lac Salagou; lake surrouded by volcanoes and the limestone "chaos" of Mourreze (spectacular towers and ravines).
- 41km NE of Pezenas; lovely old Renaissance centre, home of Moliere.
- 45km N of Sete, nice old fishing port with good seafood restaurants, the Bouzigues oyster beds.
- 75km W of Nimes (Roman arena and Temple)